We have seen it all.
The Test cricket, ODI’s, 20-20, ICL, IPL, County Cricket, Women’s cricket, Under 19, Under 16, Beach Cricket, gully cricket… that is all there is.
Only that is not true.
Now comes – ‘The Thermocol Cricket’
The game– it is a game played by only 2 people, indoors to kill the boring afternoon.
1. A Thermocol bat (can be arranged from any electronic item; like from TV or P.C monitor packaging and if taken from the fridge box break the thermocol according to the height of the player)
2. A ball (the Crazy ball made of rubber that defies Newton’s third law of motion that states ‘every action has an equal and opposite reaction’ and jumps more energetically than the participants)
Play area / ground – the passage in the house that connects the hall and the bedroom.
Players – 1 boy (for running around the ball) and 1 girl (to hit the ball any which way she wants)
1. Low hand slow bowling only.
2. Hit the wall on the top half – six runs
3. Hit the wall in the lower half – four runs.
4. Running for runs not allowed. (No room for running without actually colliding with each other)
5. Lbw does not exist. (If we can’t stop the ball with a bat we stop it with the leg)
6. The girl has the right to change any rule any moment in the game.
How to play the game – The girl stand on one end of the passage with the thermocol bat in hand. The boy bowls from the other end. The girl hits six. The play continues till the girl wants to play. The boy follows all the rules as he is bored and needs the girl to kill the afternoon.
How to end the game –
1. The girl gets bored and asks to stop.
2. Hit any living being in the home (read – mom and dad) and the game is over.
The game brings best results when played with a younger brother.
This was the pre-computer games addiction era.
Disclaimer: this game has been patented by me and my brother. Anyone who plays this for entertainment and gets it may send some blessings this way. And if you play it and make money.. You’ll be hunted down to pay royalty.